Child Relocation & Move-Away

Marietta Child Custody Lawyer

Child Relocation Attorney serving North GA


At Mark F. Milhollin, P.C. we have seen countless cases involving scenarios like this:

  • You are a divorced parent and have a new job opportunity in another state
  • You want to take the job but you are also the children’s primary caregiver
  • The parenting time and custody arrangement with the children’s other parent is no longer going to work: because your job opportunity requires a move out of Georgia.

Can you modify the child custody arrangement that you and your former partner had agreed upon?  ANSWER:    Yes. 

Contact a child relocation attorney for details on how this can be done legally.

Sometimes known as “parental relocation disputes ” these cases present serious risks for the parent intending to move away. If you don't follow the Georgia relocation requirements or get the court's expressed consent to move the children awaY (thus altering the other parent’s visitation opportunities) you may face:

  • criminal charges
  • child abduction charges

This doesn’t have to happen. Call Marietta child custody lawyer Mark Milhollin for the guidance you will need to abide by the law.

If you are a Georgia parent who wants to prevent your children from being moved call us.

We can also help if you want to protest your former partner’s decision to move.  There may be no bigger obstacle to your parent-child relationship than living far away from your child.  When you call us at (770) 999-6700 you will have the benefit of creative and experienced legal representation to help you fight for the best interests of your child and for you to remain integrated in children's lives. If you want to move or protest the move Mark Milhollin has experience on both sides of such disputes.

For dependable advice about the enforcement or modification of parental rights and obligations established by court order contact Mark F. Milhollin, P.C. in Marietta.  No matter which side of the parental relocation dispute you are on your family law attorney will advise you on the best way to advocate for your child’s best interests. Call (770) 999-6700 for the experienced and compassionate legal guidance you need.